1. Uber grateful for my family. They support me through thick and thin and I count on them, as they do me. My 9th grade daughter tries to keep me cool so I can avoid embarrassing old cliches. How amazing is that?
2. Super grateful for people I work with daily. They bring joy every day and inspire me to do better.
3. Life is good and continues to get better with an awesome #PLN. It's a growth mindset that is upfront and personal. I used to think searching in Google was the fastest way to getting the best answers when I started teaching in a classroom 5 years ago, but it's my second go to choice when I need help now. I make it my mission to meet smarter people and hang with them. Doesn't everyone? The events that made me grow professionally because I presented or participated in:
San Diego CUE, Gold Coast CUE, CODE.org Training, Parent Technology Night, Tech Forum, CUE Rock Star Manhattan Beach, Coder Dojo South Bay, EdCamp Home, Edcamp Murrieta, EdCamp 605, EdCamp Ventura County, Apple Distinguished School Special Training Event, Google in Education Summit Online, a few Twitter chats #CAedchat and #hourofcode, and a few Appy Hours.
4. Change is challenging and nothing screams epic more than helping spread the Hour of Code this year compared to last year. Between Disney's Frozen ice princesses and HourofPython.com, and Kodable and Hopscotch, I am #mindblown at what the next digital leaders will create.
5. Learning new or rediscovering old and exciting things. Anyone play with a 3d printer lately? Makerspaces are like going back 30+ years for me, into the basement, with tools and stuff to tinker, explore, make. Every adult should give making a try because it's like being a kid again. #makered